Painting Barn Quilts
With Instructor Cynthia Buchholz
Date: July 15, 2018
Bruentrup Heritage Farm
2170 East County Road D, Maplewood, MN 55109
Description of Class:
Painting barn quilts is a popular, lively 4-hour class with guided instruction which will take you through the process of barn quilt painting from beginning to end. Students will choose a barn quilt pattern from the several dozen offered or can even bring their own (though instructor will evaluate difficulty level). Instructor will offer a wealth of knowledge regarding barn quilt history, measuring, layout, taping and painting as related to this art form. Students will leave with their own masterpiece ready to hang and hopefully the desire to start a Barn Quilt Trail in their neighborhood!
Cost of Class:
- $35 registration fee per participant.
- $35 material fee due to instructor at beginning of class.
- 2’x2’ exterior grade specialty sign board with 2-3 pre-applied coats of Behr exterior primer. This is a 5-step 2-day process that is already done for you!
- Over 60 fabulous colors of the highest quality Behr exterior paint to choose from.
- “Frog” brand tape, yardsticks, pencils, erasers.
- Foam brushes, aprons, quilters squares and rulers, extension cords, blow dryers, even the screws to hang your Masterpiece!
- Last but not least..always, always a DANCE OFF!!! (or two) prizes and laughter!
Please feel free to contact with any questions! (320) 469-3973
RSVP to Bill Bruentrup: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-426-4718.